Soak up the Southbank this summer with our Capture the Moment family package. Inspired by the Tate Modern’s ‘Capture the Moment’ exhibition opening this summer, we have you covered to guarantee you make lasting memories during your stay with us.
Quarterly Social and Environmental Sustainability Initiatives
Please see our Q2 initiatives below:
1. Sea Containers London fully measures its scope 1 & 2 carbon emissions and are committed to energy management. Did you know we have solar panels on our roof contributing to 3% of the properties electricity and are contracted with Good Energy for 100% certified renewable electricity.
2. This August, Breathe Arts Health Research will be hosting their annual magic camp. Grounded in world-class medical research, is a globally recognised program dedicated to children with hemiplegia includes 60-hours of occupational therapy delivered by a team of experts and magicians from the Golden Circle.
3. Lore Group have committed a glass dispenser program using DS & Durga’s Debaser scent, Sea Containers London is now rolling out this program in all our guest rooms and public spaces.
4. Our guest room linen and bedding are now sourced from providers that are official members of the Better Cotton Initiative and the Ethical Trading Initiative. All unusable waste linen is now recycled with Fibre Lab on a monthly basis.
5. Energy and Water management in our hotel is a must and our beautiful Tom Dixon lighting schemes are fully fitted with LED bulbs, a commitment in all spaces across the property. Our rooms include energy key activations, low flush mechanisms and shower water timers and procedures in place if you wish to reuse linen.
7. Unprescribed Wellness is at the core of everything we do at Sea Containers, to make sure we are fully inclusive, we are continually audited by Accessible and RightRooms to make sure we are looking after all our guests.
8. All our menus now include carbon emission per meal, which is third party verified by Klimato and can be obtained through QR codes on our menus. If you would like to host a low carbon event, speak to our events experts who can assist.
9. We commissioned Breathe Arts Health Research, our official charity partner, to design and deliver a creative project to engage staff at the hotel, as a way of supporting mental health and wellbeing. The project celebrated staff, putting the spotlight on those that don’t always get seen or heard. Breathe engaged a poet and photographer to capture the diversity and charm of the staff community. Private and reflective poetry sessions took place across day and night shifts, with this special collaboration inspiring this personal poem and film. We are launching this to our team this July – Link to video.
10. Our agua spa has launched Hedgerow by agua, a certified giftware brand that is available to purchase in our spa, online or from our minibars. This is made in-house by our therapy team in our spa lab from certified organic ingredients that locally and sustainably sourced from indigenous flora with a history of use in medicinal and wellbeing remedies. This line is 100% single use plastic free and lovingly made on-demand for our treatments and gifts.